Make Sure Your RV Is Ready For Storage!
Here’s a checklist to help you make sure your RV is ready for storage.
* Review owner’s manual for engine, gas, generator, water heater & sanitation system.
* Remove all perishable food from cabinets.
* Turn off refrigerator, verify all power sources are off by checking 12 v, 110v and LP gas.
* Remove all food from the refrigerator, clean the inside and leave the door open to ventilate.
* Clean rooftop air conditioner filters and cover the outside unit.
* Clean the interior of the RV, pull shades and close blinds.
* Turn off the propane cylinders and cover the regulator.
* Cover or tape vents to the furnace and range hood for long-term storage.
* Ensure all roof vents and windows are closed.
* Check tire pressures.
* Inspect roof, body, interior, soft molding and caulking.
* Service locks with spray lubricant to prevent rust and freezing.
* Check all operating fluid levels under the hood and top off the gasoline tank.
* Add a fuel stabilizer.
* Empty and thoroughly rinse all holding tanks.